Wednesday, June 20, 2007

In America? Really???!!!

I just came across this article on cnn.com. The first thing I saw, of course, was the headline. Sounds brutal. Then I saw the picture and the female relative's name. I don't think this makes me a racist, but I just naturally made the quick assumption that this took place somewhere in Latin America. I mean, drivers don't just get beat to death (not shot, not stabbed - BEAT) in America, do they?

Then I read the article and was stunned that this happened here in the US, in a relatively big city as Austin, no less. I'm not sure if the driver did anything more than hit the girl - the article doesn't indicate that he did. If he didn't, then I hope all of this angry crowd gets sent away for a long, long time. Aren't we past the days of "A Time to Kill" where our residents have to turn to vigilante law?

1 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Shashank said...

yes, it makes you a racist

 

Post a Comment

<< Home