Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The End of an Era

Ok. A few years doesn't really qualify as an era. A genre maybe? Who the hell knows.

Anyways, today is a sad day for blogs/bloggers everywhere, particularly myself. While I know I have only a handful or so of regular readers (evidently my whining about my favorite sports teams and least favorite politicians isn't that interesting to the layman), I try to keep my blog relatively up-to-date. Obviously, this largely means posting on a regular basis. While I have admittedly taken some long hiatuses, I think I do a fairly good job of this.

Other bloggers, unfortunately, don't. And that's the other part of keeping my blog up-to-date. As you can see, I have links on the side to several of my friends' blogs, most of which are infinitely more entertaining than mine. Today, you might notice, there's a few less links than there were the last time you were on my site. A couple removals were 3rd party/commercial-type blogs. The biggest "missing link", if you will, is that to Terence's blog. Or, should I call it, Terence's OLD blog. Mofo hasn't posted in close to two months! It's really sad, because Terence's blog, which in its heyday was wildly entertaining, was my inspiration to start a blog (that, and having nothing else to do at my previous job). Over time, just as people evolve, so do blogs. Terence's eventually evolved into, frankly, not much more than a hip-hop portal with the occasional "this is what's going on in my life" post. This worked out well for T, as readership seemed to jump (from randoms all over the world), but I missed the old stuff and am not really into the same kind of hip hop that he is.

Over the last two months, everyone has suffered. I've called T out on this several times, and he really hasn't defended himself, admitting he has no excuse for the loooooong break. While he was in Africa for a while, he's been back for over a month, and the motherfucker ain't got no job! (and he doesn't smoke, so it's not like he has a valid excuse to be sleeping half the day). Anyways, T, your time has run out, and the link, for now is gone. It can be won back...maybe this will serve as a bit of a kick-in-the-ass. Probably not.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Brian said...

amen to that! way to call him out.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

and here i thought i was your inspiration for blogging.

come back T, you can't spend a month in africa and not have stuff to write about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home