Monday, December 05, 2005

This is Painful

There's 1:43 to go in the first half. Seattle 28, Philadelphia 0. 3 interceptions. 2 returned for TDs, the other to the Eagles' 3 yard line. Looks like my Iggles are gonna be the 5th straight Superbowl loser to miss the playoffs. It's been an excruciating 11 months, dating back to the Superbowl loss to the Patriots, to all the TO drama, to Jerome McDougle getting shot in a robbery, to Pinkston and Buckhalter suffering season-ending injuries during the preseason, to more TO drama, to McNabb getting hurt.

While I'll never give up hope that we can go 9-7 (hell, maybe even 10-6 if something miraculous happens in the 2nd half tonight), I'm a realist, and it looks like 2005 is a lost season for my birds. I am fully confident we'll retool in the offseason and get healthy. We'll sure as hell be pissed off about this horrible season, take the last place schedule the NFL will give us, and come back to win the newly-strong NFC East. I'm not sure off the top of my head where next year's Superbowl is, but God knows it's gotta be in a better city than Detroit. I'm gonna book my plane ticket tomorrow.

Good night. Oh, by the way, it's 35-0 Seattle now. I need a drink.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger G said...

damn ..karma is a bitch...you can only imagine how much I enjoy the demise of the eagles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home