Monday, March 13, 2006

It's Starting to Sink In

First off, for those of you who I haven't told, I recently made the decision to accept an offer to go work in London for a few months. Basically the same group I am in now, so the work will be similar. My last day of work here in NY is March 31, then a week off to move out of my apartment, then off to London until the end of June. (Sidebar - I have only like 3 friends in London, only 1 of whom is a regular partyer, so if any of you have friends out there that are somewhat tolerant of people like me, please either send me their contact info or send mine to them).

So the countdown is officially on. 26 days until I leave New York, after 4 years and 9 months. Hard to believe I've been here a full year longer than I spent in Berkeley. Time sure does fly when you're an investment banker (for 3 years) and drinking heavily (for 4 years and 9 months). I'm trying to make the most of my final days in this amazing city by going out as much as is humanly possible for a 26-year old with liver problems, which this past weekend meant being either drunk or hungover pretty much every waking hour.

Anyways, back to the inspiration for this posting. Earlier today, I cancelled my gym membership (you have to do it a month in advance). Since I've been too lazy to start packing any of my stuff up yet, this was really the first "Before I leave NY" errand I've done. And man, it really hit home. Fortunately, outside of packing, I don't have too many of those types of errands to run - I can just see myself trying to ship a few boxes back to LA and breaking out into overflowing tears before some deranged USPS worker "goes postal" on me and ends it all before I even leave. Knock on wood.

Here's to making the last 26 days ones to remember.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home