Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Can't We All Just Get Along???

Quick break from Cairo to post a quick entry.

Two things inspired this entry:

1) I visited Coptic (i.e. Christian) Cairo earlier today. There's a bunch of churches, including the Hanging Church, the only one I entered. Everything inside is written in Arabic. If Christians can read Arabic in their houses of worship, can't Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc. JUST GET ALONG???!!!

2) I'm sure you're all aware of the violence going on in the Middle East right now (isn't there ALWAYS some sort of violence going on in the Middle East?). Anyways, as you know, one of the main motivators for my trip to Africa was that Shashank is out here, and had blocked off a good chunk of vacay time to travel with me. Unfortunately, he's been in Cyprus/Jordan/Syria for the last week or so, and today the REALLY bad news hit. On Friday, he has to leave Syria for Beirut. He'll be there indefinitely (sorry to blow up your spot Shashank). So, Kili is off the map for him (he's even been working out for it!). It'll be just me and Peter. Obviously, I'm worried about Shashank, as Beirut is no place for anybody, let alone a frail little Indian boy like Shashank. Less obviously, I'm worried about myself. Peter and I alone for over a week? Peter thousands of miles from all the Hawaiian girls he knows??? Let's just say I'll be sleeping with BOTH eyes open all week.

Israel, Hezbollah, Lebanon (Syria? U.S.? Arab League?). Whoever the FUCK is in charge - get your shit together. Israel, if you wanna weaken Hezbollah - bomb them, not the goddamn UN (Israeli bombs killed 4 UN peacekeepers earlier today). What good does it do to block the roads so that Lebanese civilians - CIVILIANS - can't get food and other necessary supplies??? It's been how many thousand years and you assholes are STILL fighting your fucking holy wars!!!??? I'm a student with ZERO income, and this was a damn expensive trip for me. And, while you haven't RUINED it, you've made it a helluva lot less enjoyable.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger yat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger yat said...

dude, talk to me about vacations after you leave North America for once. no, india doesn't count

 

Post a Comment

<< Home