Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Who says vacays can't be productive?

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. Between the lack of internet access at my parents' house (yes, I live with my parents - TEMPORARILY) and the lack of anything interesting to write about, it really wasn't worth the effort.

Anyways, back to the post. Today has been my most productive of my now 54-day long vacation. Well, maybe 2nd most productive. I say any day you reach the summit of a 19,000+ foot mountain is a pretty productive day (yes, more sleazy "I climbed Kili and I'm gonna gloat" comments). "What makes today so productive?", you would ask in the off chance that you actually gave a damn. Well, first of all, I FINALLY uploaded a bunch of my pictures from the last several months of my life, dating back to my last weekend in NY, which was in early April. I've added some of them here, and if you want to see all of them, let me know and I'll send you the Kodak Gallery link.

Far more importantly than uploading my pics, however, was signing my lease about 4 hours ago. Great 2-bedroom place in Santa Monica, on 5th street right off of Wilshire. For those of you unfamiliar with the area, that's 5 blocks from the ocean, 2 blocks from Wahoo's Fish Tacos, and some ability-to-spit-game from a bevy of beautiful white women. Move-in date is September 1, and out-of-towners, as always, are welcome and invited to come visit, drink, eat, sleep, sunbathe, and chase women, or men if that's the way you roll. On to the pictures...

My beautiful baby niece Mia, at 5 weeks and 3 days:

At 6 weeks and 2 days:

Which is prettier - the Indian Ocean or the Indian guy?

Sunset over the Indian Ocean in Zanzibar:

One of the many amazing views from Kili - kinda crazy looking DOWN at the clouds:

Those Porters earn every damn cent (all 3 cents per hour) they make:

Sippin on Kilis on Kili:

Man it was COOOOLLLLD, but gotta represent Da Bears!

Nile View from my Cairo Hotel:

Sunset over the Nile:

More Nile:

An Egyptian Mosque - this one's for you Haider:

Cairo Skyline:

The Pyramids at Giza:

The Sphinx:

I was in Africa, after all, so I gotta show you some wildlife:
A giraffe, in case you're an idiot:

Somewhere back there is a leopard, by far the rarest animal we saw:

White Rhino, also quite rare:

Peter and I had AMAZING ostrich filets when we returned to Nairobi...highly recommended:


That's enough for today. I AM on vacation after all. I'll try to add more pics of Africa and Europe soon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger terence said...

great apt location. spit game at at beautiful white women...hmmm...has anderson already gotten to you??

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Shashank said...

niiice location. only i don't know how you're planning on spitting at white girls with that african tan and goatee. stay the hell away from the airport.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home