Saturday, January 13, 2007

Forgive me if this is a bit incoherent...

but i'm kinda buzzed right now. And i'm definitely disillusioned. My beloved Eagles just lost to "America's team", the New Orleans Saints. And we lost in just horrible, gut-wrenching fashion. I can't even summarize what happened, because if I try to re-live it, I'll probably vomit all over my laptop.

As I was trading texts during the game with my friend and fellow Eagles' fan Rishi, I asked him if he ever enjoys the actual game. He said no, and that's how I feel as well. Sure, I jump up and down, chest-bump, and celebrate when the Eagles score or make a big defensive play. But for the other 2 hours and 57 minutes of the game, I'm sitting there with my stomach churning and hands shaking. I honestly don't remember the last time I sat back and enjoyed an entire Eagles game. Probably a month or so ago, when our season looked like it was over, so there was really nothing to lose. Then we went on a nice little roll behind Gay Garcia (not that there's anything wrong with that), winning our last 5 regular season games, including sweeping our 3 division rivals, all on the road, in consecutive weeks. We won the division and beat the mediocre New York football Giants in the Wild Card game last Sunday. What did it all culminate in? Another loss. Just like every other fucking season.

Honestly, I WISH I wasn't an Eagles fan. I wish I wasn't a fan of ANY sports team. The highs are great but so short-lived. The lows are low, painful, and enduring. I'm sitting here at home while all my friends are drinking and getting ready to go out and party. It is, after all, Saturday night. But I can't even imagine going out and trying to have a good time right now. Good times are the last thing on my mind.

In closing, I'm sure there's a bunch of Eagles fans out there saying or thinking something like, "If we had to lose, I'm glad we lost to the Saints" because of all that's happened to the unfortunate residents of the city of New Orleans over the last year and a half. Am I thinking that? Fuck no. Have fun celebrating in your dirty, miserable city. Yeah, go ahead and call me a prick. If you know me, you know I don't give a fuck what you think. Fuck. FUCK!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home