Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Anniversary

To me. Today marks the one-year anniversary of my blog. In my humble opinion, I think the blog (and myself, for that matter) have come quite a ways in 12 months. Looking back on my earliest blog entries, there was a list of my favorite drinks (which for the most part has stayed the same, although I never drink G&T’s anymore), a recap of my trip to the Bay Area, some “Random Thoughts”, and a tribute to Chango (one of my personal favorite posts of all time).

More recent entries have been my diatribes on business school, politics, the idiocacy of non-profit organizations and their staffs, and a lot of travel notes (generally much more insightful than the “I spent 48 hours straight drunk off my ass in Vegas”).

Similarly, in the real world, I’ve progressed quite a bit. Then: drunk finance-industry employee going to work, collecting paychecks, and not remembering most of the weekends. Now: drunk business school student going to class, collecting (hopefully) good grades, and not remembering most of the weekends. Damn. I guess some things never change. But in all seriousness, a lot’s happened since then. I got into business school (and got rejected by some), said goodbye to New York, hello to London for a few months, welcomed my beautiful baby niece Mia into the world, climbed one tall-ass mountain amongst other interesting African travels, moved to LA, bought a sweet little ride, had a football thrown at (not “to”) me by some drunk hick in Knoxville, moved into an apartment in my dream location, and started business school. So I guess it only follows that I would have more interesting things to write about.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all my readers. I know there’s not a lot of you, but many have been loyal, regular readers since Day One. Others have been more sporadic – it’s you people that I have in mind when I write. I hope to be interesting/smart/thought-provoking/entertaining enough to turn you into regulars as well.

Here’s to another good year ahead.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger saloni said...

Happy Anniversary and you're welcome. Now buy me a drink.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger terence said...

i'm not sure this "interesting/smart/thought-provoking/entertaining" is why i am a regular reader...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home